Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, St. Vrain Greenway


© Susannah Storch 2010

© Susannah Storch 2010

I spent much of today trying to edit/tag/catalog/etc. photos that I haven't gotten to in 09. When I did manage to tear myself away to take some photos and walk Chloe, I headed to the St. Vrain Greenway Trail not far from my home. A couple thoughts to share: Chloe is the worst fishing partner in the world. She whines. She gets attacked by black flies. She wants to swim. Chloe is also not the best photography partner. She prefers rolling around in snow and mud and sniffing under rocks to sitting still so I can click without my wrist about to be jerked off. Of course, off-leash is a different story. 

The St. Vrain Greenway Trail is not all that inspirational to me in terms of a photo subject. IF I had a medium format or large format camera, perhaps some landscapes of the farming equipment and industrial warehouses mixed with the ponds, reeds, mountains in the distance, could be interesting, but I don't, sort of.

I did feel excitement when I walked by Left Hand Brewing Company, perhaps because the beer is "brewed on the banks of the might St. Vrain." And because they have a simple, cool logo. And a silo-esque thing with a bright red ladder climbing up it. And a cozy red neon sign. So instead of stopping in for a Sawtooth (I really need to check out their tasting room), I took photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment