Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 8, People


© Susannah Storch 2010

These little people sit on a window in my kitchen. I purchased them at a boutique in Colombo, Sri Lanka called Paradise Road. I was there two Novembers ago, and it was an interesting experience. We headed from Colombo to our beach resort, passing tsunami damage and military checkpoints every couple hundred yards (since the country was in a civil war). I was nervous about traveling to a country at war, but that didn't last long. While I was playing Jenga in a resort suite, terrorists were attacking Mumbai, possibly targeting westerners, and I became far more concerned with my remaining time in India. But, Sri Lanka is an awesome country--friendly people, beautiful scenery, history, baby elephants, beaches, mountains, white water. I hope I get to go back and experience it more one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment