Monday, September 20, 2010

September 18, Huron

at the summit of Huron 2010
© Susannah Storch 2008

lost near Huron 2008
© Susannah Storch 2010

A couple years ago I tried to summit Huron Peak, which is one of Colorado's Fourteeners. Except my friends and I parked at the wrong trailhead. The top shot shows Rob and Tracy scratching their heads, trying to figure out where we were.

This past weekend I tried to summit Huron again with other friends, only this time we parked at the right trailhead and we hiked on the correct trail. We summited without (too many) problems, and the fall color was just spectacular. The bottom shot shows Jaime summiting and many yellow aspens.

If you look at both pictures, you'll see the same background mountains. I wonder how far off we were from Huron when the top photo was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment