Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 9, Boots

boots
© 2010 Susannah Storch

A boots photo taken last night in my new studio! Did I mention all the work to move the guest room downstairs, my office to the tv room, and then make the old guest room a studio? Holy smokes, it was a pain. But now it is done, and I can leave out lights, stands, backdrops, etc. Friends, who wants a portrait?!!

I also must mention that this boot photo was taken with my TT1/TT5 PocketWizards transceiver/receiver set. (These are remote controls that allow your flashes to fire off your camera.) I had sworn off using my Canon 580EXII flash with the PocketWizards because the flash never worked reliably, if at all. I thought that perhaps I was doing something wrong, and felt pretty mad at PocketWizard. I knew there was a noise issue with some Canon flashes and the PocketWizards, but because things worked sometimes, I thought that couldn't be the only issue. Ha! When PocketWizard offered a free fix (in the form of the AC5 RF Soft Shield), I jumped on it (well, I didn't find out about the free fix until a couple weeks ago thanks to the Strobist website). My soft shield arrived last week, and when I tested it out last night, I was very pleased. The PocketWizards fired off my Canon Flash and my Quadra Rangers...I didn't have to do anything to make things work. YES! I am so happy with PocketWizard, and cannot wait to experiment further with ETTL options and the Quadra Rangers. Thank you PocketWizard!

2 comments:

  1. i thought you were talking about my old roomie, boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Welcome. Also make sure to use the latest firmware. We have a beta version (5.08) which can be found via the Beta Lab at www.PocketWizard.com/support/downloads/beta. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete